O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree!
Thou tree most fair and lovely!
The sight of thee at Christmastide
Spreads hope and gladness far and wide…..
And what’s a Christmas tree without your dog’s stamp of approval? In 10 minutes you can make a paw print ornament that will complete your tree.
- Aluminum foil or Parchment paper
- Straw (to punch hole in dough)
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- Decorations (your choice, paint and some glitter are a good start!)
- Ribbon to hang the ornament
- Pour the salt, flour, and water in a bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees
- Mix ingredients until they firm up
- Kneed the dough for approximately 1 minute
- Lay the dough out on the aluminum foil
- With a cup, cut the dough into individual circles
- Press pup’s paw into the dough
- At the top of the ornament, use a straw or pen to punch a hole
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until slightly firm. Keep an eye on them- if overbaked, they have a tendency to crack.
- Allow ornament to cool, then go crazy with the decorating!
Some of our favorites for your inspiration!
Let us know how it goes and send us pictures of your ornaments!